View Single Post
Old 8 Aug 2019, 16:13 (Ref:3921958)   #120
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Max's times last year were, Q1: 1:16.940. Q2: 1:31.178. Q3: 1:38.032. Grid position 7th.

This year they were, Q1: 1:15.817. Q2: 1:15.573. Q3: 1:14.572. Grid position 1st.
thanks for looking that up.

obviously lots of variables from year to year but a little over 1 second faster in the Q1 times. weather, rules, and tires aside 1 second is not nothing.

doesnt prove much either though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I would ask (a harder question to answer)... Who is in ascendance right now? Honda or Renault? A year or two ago Honda would have been the wrong answer. Now... I would say Honda is.
agreed. RBR Honda seem to be on the up and buoyed by a driver line up that also has a rejuvenated Kvyat and racey Albon in the wings.

Mcalren has the driver line up and seem to be well on their way to sorting their chassis out but their supplier/works Renault team look to be completely lost.

i guess what im not sure of is are Renault's problems just with the race team/chassis or are their other problems in Viry-Chatillon?

just speculation, but at the least i would suspect that on the engine side they are being outspent.i question their ability to catch up in the short to medium term.