View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1836525)   #8
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
Can someone tell me what restrictor sizes the Pratt & Miller run corvettes use......I can see that they use two (1 per bank) from the under hood picture that I have - but I havent a clue which size they use - I'm lead to believe its a 7 litre engine - known as the LS7....... I know they have/had the edge over the astons due to 6% bigger restrictors allowed for the 2-valve engines........last I heard was this 6% 2-valve rule was being dumped and the corvettes now have lost the 6% restrictor advantage?......is this correct?

also does anyone know what sort of power the katech built motors are producing in the corvettes?......I'm sure this must be common knowledge in the US grape-vine
The cylinder heads are what make the race engine very different, bore and stroke are comparatively simple to change.
The heads have special small valve, small port set-up just to overcome the restrictors as much as possible.
I doubt, very, very much that any of the over-sea engines contain even second to latest cylinder heads.

Katech is like most many spy agencies, what they do not tell you is more informative than what they do.
One of the items people who build engines for NASCAR teams hate is they are forced to share new ideas with others, at least that is what the rules say.
Bob