View Single Post
Old 9 Feb 2007, 21:00 (Ref:1837647)   #19
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
I have to say - I'm in agreement with bob - I'd be very very surprised to hear they are using such massive size valves on such low revving motor......the LS7 standard heads sound wonderful with huge great valves, but for the low revving LS7.R race motor, they will be well out of place - but I stand to be corrected if anyone wants to spill the beans!

interesting they are a special rectangle inlet port design........but not surprising - the standard LS7 intake port shape looks a horrific start for a race motor.......not surprised they tidied it up with something much smaller and simple...........just a personal opinion based on experience!

E UN GEL - well, if the GM-Corvettes get bored of racing by themselves in 2007 - which is looking highly likley at the moment - why not step up a level! - they have been racing corvettes for long enough now - I dare say the sound of a floor trembling 6 litre LS7 LMP1 motor in the back of any LMP1 sports prototype would be more than welcome in both Europe and the US!.......they can make up for the noise that Audi should be making........I dare say Katech have all the parts, they just need to make the engine fully stress-able for a mid-engined sports prototype installation - not hard on an LS7 - its build like a brick out house already!

Chevy is in racing to A: get the Corvette reputation back; B: Gets its own reputation back.
It once used its RWD cars to become the Heartbeat of America but its FWD crap-wagons turned it into, the rental fleet flotsam of america.

Originally Chevy beating Dodge was the starting point of that campaign; beating Ferrari in '03 was probably the absolute high point.

Entering the P class serves nothing as it would gain no sales recognition, especially as they cannot do a quasi-GTP Corvette as they did twenty years ago; plus the aisnine rules make it a no-win situation.
You cannot build a better product as the contrived rules headquarters will eliminate it quickly, so what is the point of trying.
Bob