View Single Post
Old 19 Jan 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2615685)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've already got a water fire-extinguisher in my caravan. The manufacturers call it a shower, but I think that's a bit optimistic. You could probably just about perform a baptism with it.

Besides that I keep a 1kg extinguisher by the door which can be collected on the way out, and I've got another in the boot of the car.

It's predecessor was used on a small engine fire on a car stopped on the A38 on the way home from Donington. Traffic had stopped due to the amount of smoke, and the driver couldn't believe his eyes when two people in orange leapt out, performed an emergency stall on his car (the engine was so hot that switching the ignition off didn't stop it firing) and then popped the bonnet and covered it in powder. I can confirm 1kg did a good job on it. We weren't able to help him come up with an excuse for having borrowed the car without his father's permission. We're good, but not that good!