View Single Post
Old 13 Mar 2020, 23:08 (Ref:3964050)   #34
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
According to the Worldometer in the UK, 798 are infected, 11 dead and 18 have recovered. The also have reported BBC 798 are infected and 11 dead but never say how many have recovered. It's like they want to ramp up the hype. Also the BBC's reporting is very sensationalised. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

You’re right on the BBC. It’s no different from how they covered Brexit last year. Just unnecessary overexposure which creates a climate of fear, which is not what people need at this time. And that’s why I’ve given up watching the news at this time. It got to the point where I was spending too much time worrying about it. More balance is needed.

Although I understand this virus is still a bit of an unknown at this time. It’s just a shame for us motorsport fans it had to happen now just as most championships were starting