View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3852914)   #2
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
My apologies, I'm sure somewhere this has been talked about. I'm somewhat new to RX (in the past few years) and also currently live thousands of miles away. I've become more interested in RX over the past year or so. I know that Knockhill has a history of Rallycross racing and can find events in the past as recently as 2014, but nothing anywhere now, and I can't find any news articles either here, or on google regarding what happened. Has Knockhill simply stopped running Rallycross events? Is there any Rallycross in Scotland at this point?
Yes Knockhill does still have a rallycross section.
It was last used for a promotional thing for Knockhill and something else, sorry I can't remember what.
If I remember correctly Oliver Bennet did some laps and you had to beat him on a computer simulation of the course.
It was around the time of the Autosport International Show back in January.

As for proper rallycross returning to Knockhil, I dodn't see it happening in the near future.
The southern based competitors say it is too far to travel, and a hike in venue hire made in impossible to run a meeting there without making a huge loss.

It's a shame really because the loose section was brilliant. Proper loose surface, very flowing, and there even was a jump at the end of it