View Single Post
Old 1 Aug 2003, 18:47 (Ref:677396)   #13
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, I'm a smoker, don't know why I started but I did. What do I smoke? the cheapest I can find. Advertising does NOT influence me, cost does. I hate any kind of government trying to tell me how to live my life! I know the laws, I don't break them unless I'm prepared to pay the price. I just object to being molly-coddled! I am an intelligent adult, well capable of making my own choices in life. Now get off my back!!

OK, rant over, back to sponsorship.

We all want the same or more money coming into motorsport? So why doesn't F1 follow some of the leads from Over-the-Pond? In both Nascar and Champ Cars (not sure about IRL), teams are allowed to run different liveries at different venues. (to promote the local sponsors). What's the problem? I still know who is driving and which team it is. And then just think of the marketing......... you can have different merchandising for differing events. The true fan wants everything from their favourite driver/team and so could end up with many shirts/hats/coolers/flags etc.

So my question is..........

Do you really care what's written on the car of your favourite driver, if they win !!!!!

Last edited by Stuart Hill; 1 Aug 2003 at 18:47.