View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2021, 23:19 (Ref:4026853)   #82
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Dinan in France? What a medieval wonder. There's a small company belonging to Brits I think, organizing river cruises on the Rance with electrically engined boats. Did you test this? The small harbor is good looking too.

C'est ca! One of my friends from my teenage years married a Frenchman and settled over there many years ago - they have a few Gites at Les Sables, but have largely retired to Dinan, now. Dinan a very quait town - or it was when I visited quite a few years ago. For a few years my friend used to teach English to the Customs officers at St Malo - and joked that anyone landing there would be greeted by a Frenchman with a Bury, Lancashire accent