View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4026982)   #96
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I studied at the Royal Naval College, Greenwich in the early 1990s and that was often used as a film venue. We were there when the opening scenes of “Patriot Games” (a film of a Tom Clancy book) was being filmed, (Greenwich College was meant to represent Buckingham Palace, I think), only no one told us and we walked out from the Wardroom towards the study block and were confused by the number of Black Cabs and other cars just doing circuits on the main (internal) road. Some bloke shouted “cut” and we got a *******ing for getting in the shot where the Prince of Wales was supposedly about to be kidnapped by the IRA! I think the star was Pierce Brosnan but we were so confused that we didn’t even notice.
We were also there when they filmed Four Weddings and A Funeral in the College Chapel.
I can’t remember which film it was,at a similar time, that was being filmed in Greenwich Park with the Royal Observatory as the classy backdrop. Unfortunately no one had told the film makers that the Observatory was going to be covered in scaffolding that summer for a major refurb and they then had to build their own scaffold structure to host a very large painting of the observatory on it to use as the backdrop and hide the real, scaffold encased building. Bizarre!