View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3127658)   #192
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing RSi View Post
have to say the keeper of the documents, (MW if you know him) I think he took offence at my offer and since gone to ground, be about a year now, as I purchased the Datapost 44 car in stead, about a year ago was when I offered my thoughts to MW, so going on what you have said, he has obviously not taken my advise.
Would it be Steve your mate? I have pictures of this said car as it is now..
you took off the injection system.. I put it back on the Brooklyn car, just to keep originality, it was on 4 45 carbs before, but on the injection system its a beast... Chris Hodgetts was clocked at 140.3 on Hanger Straight.
I took off the fuel injection as it needed a lot of sorting. one injector was faulty and back in those days it was hard to sort. made it lots quicker on carbs. Had the head done by a close friend. It seemed a shame to put it back on the car, it was an object of art.

Piper supplied me with a range of cams FOC. we eventaully ran with a full race one, but the car ran like a shopping version it was so tractable.. Had 130 bhp at Harry Ratcliffes rollers

Had the viscous diff serviced at FF developments. With no power steering it needed arms like Popeye to get through tarmac single venue chicanes at places like Oulton and Aintree.

Was a regular class winning/top 5 car on 13" wheels. I used to run on 2nd hand Avon f3 tyres which were fragile but cheap or Michelins when funds allowed.

Good times.