View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3924307)   #103
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mivec View Post
Ollie explaining whu he is not racing in Lydden: https://mailchi.mp/a224c118c4fe/olli...NF_tzBCO1tRksk
It's all a bit "toys out of the pram" isn't it? Pretty poor from Ollie to be honest.

Lydden was really hot yesterday (and I seem to have brought half of the dirt from Chessons home with me ) and that seemed to take its toll on some of the cars - the MINIs in particular seemed to suffer with dwindling numbers as the day wore on. Some good racing throughout again - Juniors and Retros in particular I thought.

Supernational really was a one horse race - even when he had to do a double joker thanks to a jump start Ovenden was able to win with ease, I was impressed with Guy Corners new Lotus though - looks like he's got the pace to challenge Paige Bellerby so that'll spice things up a bit. Also - Exige bodied Elise with a supercharged Peugeot engine - only in rallycross!

Supercar was a bit of a let down I thought - numbers faded and once Godfrey had nerfed Thorne out of the way in the final there was only going to be one winner, if he'd been caught behind Thorne then it could have been interesting. Godfrey seems to like a bit of side by side contact on the exit of the joker section - he came off second best when he tried it with Bennett in one of the heats but the same move worked against Thorne in the final and that gave him the gap he needed.