View Single Post
Old 27 Aug 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3924325)   #105
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm almost in 2 minds about yesturday. In one breath, as you said Bert the best racing came from the Juniors and the Retro's but this also is the problem.

Yet again the entry list was fairly poor to start off with and with the amount of mechanical problems forcing retirments this only made things even worse. The one thing i cant get my head around is how the Swift's and Mini's are still suffering with reliability problems? These cars and championships have been around long enough now so that any week points should have been found and fixed a long time ago. To have 3 Mini's withdraw due to blown engines when only 8 were entered in the first place is just not acceptable. Also the fact the RX150 buggies were scrapped due to only 3 entries may sugest that there time is over?

After the statement from Ollie on Sunday explaing whats going on, there have been a fair few drivers supporting his statement to the extent were it seams to be more than just "toys out the pram" and as a spectator yesterday the rather poor organisation seamed to back that up. For instance, on Sunday night there were pictures posted showing the 4WD Retro's there set up. So you can imagine my dissapointment and that of several others i was standing with when they never showed on track only to then be surprised when they appeared during the lunch break to do "4 Demo laps" It then transpires that the reason there was no 4WD Retros is because they are off to Loheac this coming weekend for World RX and this is a bigger event which i think is a slap in the face for those who bothered to turn up yesterday.

Also, sorry for this seaming to be just a rant, but did anyone see the Rx Truck at the bottom of the Paddock. This we were told was going to be doing demo laps but it never moved and there was no one ask about it as it was dumped there and left. No one frome RX or truck racing to ask questions to, no info boards, nothing.

I'll be at Croft for the final meeting but that is only because im on my week of work and staying back with family in the north east, if i wasnt then unfortunitly Id give it a miss as on yesterdays showing, there are other events id rather spend my money on going to see.