Thread: CSCC Donington
View Single Post
Old 29 Oct 2019, 07:53 (Ref:3937439)   #28
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nice report, Richard. I hope our favorite surfer Andy is dry now…
We had a lovely day on the Sunday, Gerard! Bright, dry, sunny but cold. There was no water left in the sky once Richard and Co had used it all up on the Saturday.
I enjoyed my race. Started 37 out of 40 but finished 27 ( there were a few non finishers and we are the slowest class cars!!!!). Had a good battle with a couple of cars and finished having stayed on the black stuff with all 4 wheels pointing in the same direction that they started in.

Most strangely, i was awarded a trophy by the Donington Park Race Association Club - the “Spirit of the club award”, i think. In this instance Awarded for services to promoting the club and club motorsport, i think. I dont think there is anytruth in the rumour that it was awarded for the driver who lives closest.
Previous winners have included, Kelvin Burt, Dario Franchitti, Jamie Spence, Jamie Campbell-Walter, Ian Flux, Mike Jordan etc. Gulp. Must admit to having got a bit of dust in my eye when they announced it!
Its a proper silver trophy, too. Needs polishing!!!
I am slightly embarrassed, my wife is very proud (so am i, but dont tell anyone). Dont think i have ever won anything before, except the occasion when none of my class mates finished!

Last edited by andy97; 29 Oct 2019 at 07:59.