View Single Post
Old 16 May 2016, 16:13 (Ref:3642152)   #787
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It's all ruthless. Remember the shenanigans surrounding Schumacher's debut? Moreno got the boot from Benetton pretty sharpish and Jordan didn't know what hit him. I wonder if Schu hadn't his problem back then in Spa would he have that race? Indeed, the other car was in contention for victory that day..

Ricciardo looks set to be the Gerhard Berger of the 21st century. No doubt he'll be over shadowed by Verstappen.
Good one about Schu at Spa, very plausible isn't it?

I don't agree with the second part. Ricciardo made Vettel look fairly ordinary 2 years ago (although we still don't know the exact reasons for Seb's lack of pace) and he has already proven that he can seize the opportunities to go forwards in race when they come up (failed move on Vettel on Sunday aside!)

I guess it just depends on whether Marko wants to start favouring drivers in that team all over again. I suspect that won't happen until next year though at the earliest! Max needs to bed himself in more even though he won and Ricciardo has done enough good work for that lot in the last 2.5 seasons to deserve the right strategy calls.

Unless the insiders know something about his ultimate ability that we don't, of course!