View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2020, 08:13 (Ref:4015788)   #264
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Why does anybody even care ? It's a meaningless accolade , and nobody will change their opinion anyway , regardless of whatever creatively curated set of stats is tabled .

Some drivers make you tingle when you watch them at work. Some manage to do so throughout their career (Senna, Stewart , Peterson, Alonso and Hamilton ) , some only for part of it ( mid- late Mansell , early Ickx , early - mid Vettel , early Scheckter , mid Lauda ) and others , too numerous to mention, rarely arouse much of a tingle at all - even if they were as blindingly fast as Prost or as all arms and elbows as Jarier.

The appeal of motor racing to me is the visceral excitement you feel trackside , watching a master at work .Agonising over GOATS is a joyless fireside attraction at best .
The post of an enthusiast in my book, what I look for too.

You have nailed the essence of this whole debate here Coppice, great work.

Nice to see Scheckter on the list too, very few understand just how quick he was!

Last edited by wnut; 10 Nov 2020 at 08:20.