View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3880119)   #1255
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
I dodged in and out of the IMSA coverage in between attending the VSCC time trials at Brooklands(what a grand day out for competitors and spectators alike),. some of those onboard camera shots in the appalling conditions were absolutely frightening to watch. Totally agree about Zanardi but top marks to anyone who managed to keep their steed in one piece, it was a no brain decision to bring out the red flag but as to why they took so long making the decision is a mystery. For me the best bit of the weekend was watching the driver of a 100 year old Silver Ghost negotiate the various obstacles on the old start/finish straight at Brooklands with a permanent smile on the drivers face, F1 nah!
There appear to be loads of fun things to do outside of F1 and the VSCC is at the forefront.

I've been following a new venture near Straford on Avon called Caffeine and Machine. Seems like somewhere a petrol head would enjoy. A bit more involving than the ACE but I guess a similar theory. I'm back in the UK early March so might take a trip over one day.

I enjoyed the RSL/IMSA radio and tv coverage from Daytona and since it was around 11am when the first red flag came out I thought I'd settle down with a bottle of something a similar colour. I watched/listened for another bottle then had dinner and went to bed. Not only did Alonso demonstrate seriously good skills one; of the class winners was (I believe) a 17 year old lad and of course no words good enough to describe Zanardi!

Another point to be made was the lack of any hybrid machinery so it was all simply throttle control and proper braking.