View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2017, 00:36 (Ref:3764307)   #412
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I think the series will survive just fine despite the feelings of impending doom. They have plenty of teams in p2 so if one wants to move up to p1 there is room enough. On top of that, they have BMW joining next year in GTE. At least BR engineering/Dallara will join lmp1 and the broadcast was speaking of Manor moving up to p1 (I presume with a Ginetta). Lots here don't care for the races of the wec past Le Mans, so it shouldn't be a big deal that they've cut back the number of rounds, right? Bahrain was not popular at all. Nurburgring attendance has fallen since it's first race. Silverstone is having issues and isn't even sure of an F1 race there anymore. Mexico isn't that popular of a venue it seems. And finally, COTA is replaced with everyone's 'favorite track' in NA but some reasons it's the death of WEC?

I guess since Sebring is after IMSA's race it's not good enough. Maybe if IMSA didn't have spec tires and Nascar style rules or DPi actually was a faster class than lmp2 they could run together. People are upset with Silverstone being cancelled. I feel that way as well, but Neveu says it's not completely gone. Shanghai isn't a classic track, but it's the biggest or second biggest market for these guys and there's rumors of a Chinese manufacturer wanting to join ACO sportscar racing.

My guess is the February race is somewhere in Latin America, maybe Mexico, maybe South America? If not then maybe South Africa or even... Kuwait?