Old 13 Apr 2007, 01:31 (Ref:1890114)   #13
roverboy
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
roverboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver 3
I made a comment a while back and got howled down! That day is getting closer that SS MUST make a decision for it's survival and future. The costs under CAMS are out of hand and the politics extremely so-- just a huge waste of time and money . The class can self administer and should. The difficulty of programming is bad enough without then having high costs reduce your competitor numbers. SS needs to go back to basics for a National series and work with the State groups on programming to ensure when the National show comes to town they are all busting to get in. The AMRS is starting to gather some momentum-- so do not wait a year to jump on!
Silver 3 - do you actually own a Sports Sedan? Sports Sedans are one of the longest running CAMS catagories and I believe both CAMS and NASSA are keen for this relationship to continue. The Kerrick National Championship is fully televised and well supported. I can't see how switching to AASA will reduce costs!! I'd be keen to find out what the series entry fee is for the AMRS this year??

Sports Sedans do self govern - the new rules and current traction control debate is proof of this.

I consider myself a state level competitor but I will run the national events every chance I get, sure I'm nowhere near the front but the competition is great. The unfortunate fact is most state level competitors won't compete at national rounds because they won't win anything!!! Simple as that. I've heard it a thousand times - "why should I race there and finish 12th when at a state round I'll finish top three". SO WHAT!!! Who cares if you're racing for 1st,12th of 25th as long as the racing is good. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong but I get the feeling a lot of competitors like being a big fish in a small pond!!

It is up to the competitors to bet of their backsides and race their cars or sell them to someone who will!!! CAMS or AASA won't make a difference. (I will point out that the recent CAMS QLD championship had more sports sedan entries then the previous AASA racemeeting but I digress).

Any way back on topic - The people I know pushing Historic Sports Sedans are very determined to make it happen and all are working hard to get the catagory approved by CAMS.