View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2007, 20:00 (Ref:2038001)   #59
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Driftwood,
The car Gerry Tyack had was then sold to Brian Chatfield, he had two 320 Gp 5 cars. The ex Tyack car was chassis #E21-R1-7 and was originally the Hohmann Auto Tecnic car that ran in the DRM in 1977 & was driven by Ronnie Peterson among others. I think Tom Walkinshaw originally brought the car to the UK as he was a good friend of Petersons, I have a letter from TWR stating this. So he must have sold the car to Gerry I would guess early 1980`s. The car is now in the hands os a fellow contributor to this forum, Adrian B.
The second car Chatfield owned was also an interesting car. it was chassis # E21-R1-12 & was the Junior Team car driven by Eddie Cheever for all of the DRM races in 1977 except the first race at Zolder (where he destroyed another car...) and the race at Diepholz where Hans Stuck drove the car in the `BMW Gentlemans Team` when the `Juniors` were banned for one race. is became the BMW Italia 320 & raced in the World Championship by Osella with Francia and Cheever driving.
Fortunately both cars have their original ` ONS Wagenpasses` with their history contained within.

Regards Alex.