View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2009, 04:11 (Ref:2569078)   #131
Toads
Rookie

Australia
Toads should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not sure where you're pulling these figures from, Oldtony. I'll guess we'll just have to take your word for it, as it appears you're not prepared to reveal your sources. Also, I'm not quite sure why you're quoting weather from Beaudesert Statistics, as their not exactly the Gold Coast. Not only that, there's a range in between (Mount Tamborine, Beechmont, etc..) that can affect the outcome of the weather, between the two locations. Fair enough their early stats, but still fairly irrelevant in regards to the Coast.

I tend to agree with you about the entire event has lost a bit of it's shine since the withdrawl of Champcars. It be great to see another strong open-wheeler catagory of International flavour. As one of the main reasons of the event is to showcase our goods onto the International Stage.

I'm not sure if the street course has ever been up to FIA standards or has ever been classed by them. But I'd imagine for us to have a FIA sanctioned series running around our streets, it'd have to be done if not already. For the F2's there'd have to be some improvements, but i'm not sure where the F3's fit into the picture.

Ultimately, it'd be great to see an international OW series of some sort, to take it on. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't sneeze at another tin top series, maybe ALMS or GT.

As for Rain this arvo, I think we'll be right mate. Seems to be more noise than moisture in it, for now. If it does I highly doubt it'll be a show stopper, hehe