View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2015, 22:23 (Ref:3523565)   #402
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaLeMans View Post
Just another two months to go and we will be setting off from Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis in Scotland. I'm currently doing my Itinerary. And I'm really struggling on what to do during the evenings on Sunday, Monday and Tuesdays. As I'm not one who would stay around the camp. I want to be doing stuff.

Does anyone know what the best way of watching the Canadian Grand Prix is? As that happens on the Sunday before. And it's usually a really good race. Don't want to miss it. My Dad doesn't want to go into the town to a pub so that isn't a option.
Stella Bar, as Simon (GT6) says, is probably a solid bet for seeing the race in Canada, failing that on the Sunday evening getting a decent 3G or 4G signal will be no problem so depending on your mobile tariff you could happily stream it from the comfort of your campsite.

Otherwise for Monday or Tuesday evening I suspect heading into town will be your best bet for reasonable entertainment, it might also be a good opportunity, so long as you've got a designated driver, to explore a touch further for dinner opportunities - there are a number of really rather good towns and villages not far from Le Mans where you can dine really very well indeed.

Hats off, incidentally, for length of your road trip - makes me realise how spoilt some of us are with our SE UK location.