View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2007, 05:39 (Ref:2096063)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rex g
Broadspeed was involved in the Dolomite Sprint from the start (1973 or 1974) in both Production Saloon Cars and the British Saloon Car Championship (now the British Touring Car Championship). The BSCC started out as Group 1 but to help some manufacturers who had trouble homologating performance options it was modified to Group 1 1/2 later which gave some more freedom on certain areas of the cars. The Sprints were fabulously successful in Group 1 but not so much in Group 2 (which was basically the International formula for the European Touring Car Championship), the main limitation being the design of the cylinder head which although 16 valves had a single cam which compromised the available cam timing versus the DOHC design allowed in Group 2. I never drove the Group 2 car but the Group 1 car was magic.
Until recent changes in the CTCRC regs they were pretty successful in Post Historics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex g
But I can confirm absolutely that the 1979 cars from the BSCC were the ex-Broadspeed Dolomites from Dron and Fitzpatrick. They even had the modified inner wheelarches at the rear which gave more tyre clearance to allow the bigger rubber....
Oops, modified bodywork? How dare they?