View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2011, 09:58 (Ref:2811392)   #29
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Dave, Thanks for the brake info - and the other info, too - pity that the car doesn't have the twin caliper set up now! It has single AP 4 pots.

I have had a problematic year with the car unfortunately - it goes through (standard) gearboxes like nothing on earth (seems to break 5th gear selector - which then jams up other things - when single seater drivers share the car with me!!) and the front brakes have had an alarming tendency to disappear with no warning leaving me with just rears.

I have now blocked off 5th gear (not really needed in the UK) but I did spend a long time trying to find alternative Toyota gearboxes to no real avail. I was assuming that someone would have done a CR competition gear kit as the 'box is shared with the FWD Celica & the mid engined MR2 but it seems not, unless I go doen the very expensive route of adapting the very heavy 4WD box from a Celica GT4. I am hoping that the brake problems are now sorted after a caliper re-build (we changed everything else!) & the engine is having a refresh.

Regards

Andy