View Single Post
Old 26 Nov 2016, 00:53 (Ref:3691059)   #25
mab01UK
Veteran

mab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmab01UK should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some more photos but fron the early 1990's.....

A few nice shots below taken by 'Pogie' of the Mini Forum (TMF) from the paddock of the 'Fastest Mini in the World' race that was held at Mini 35 at Silverstone in 1994.
"The green Autodelta Mini from Japan sadly wasn't allowed to race as it failed scrutineering on quite a few safety issues. The mechanics were working like mad to make up a bulkhead to separate the fuel tank from the driver but they run out of time. It was a shame it didn't run as it had loads of hi-tech features but you would have thought the builders would have checked the UK racing regulations before hauling the car halfway around the world. I doubt if so many race Minis of their type will be bought together in one race ever again."

In the end it was a very close and exciting race between Peter Baldwin (JK) v Bill Sollis (KAD) and the KAD Mini won.

I was at the Silverstone race in 1994 but not sure if I took any photos.....but here is a photo below I took of the Jack Knight 16V Mini in the Brands Hatch paddock in the early 1990's.