View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2019, 20:08 (Ref:3913557)   #2294
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saturday, and a great day at Prescott with the Lola, but a slightly bitter ending..

In a class of 8 where the other cars as I was, in the Invitation Class of the Porsche championship. Trouble was the other cars were indeed 911's of various shapes and sizes which were not in the Porsche Champ rounds, so I stuck out like a sore thumb.

First practice was good, 47.46/2.32 on a hot day and a perfect track.
Second practice was better, 46.53/2.19, even hotter.
pb is 46.29.

First timed run was 46.61/2.18 on a stinking hot paddock and driver, so 'peaked in practice' started to sum it up, but won the first round in the class.
Second timed run was really hot and sticky, and all that in the helmet and the car felt it too, 46.93/2.18 so slower, but still a 46.

This was enough to win the class.

Come prize giving, and me being in the class at all was clearly not popular, obviously, the road going and hill climb 911's were at a weight disadvantage, so the Porsche club Comp Sec was not sure why I was in the class, but got a trophy and a pair of nice crystal glasses from Prescott which were christened tonight with a good Californian red.

Car was great, new tweeks to the gear shifter have worked, great fun and most encouraging compared to the previous meetings.

Tomorrow is another day and a round of the Midland Championship, 2 in the class, me and Geoff so need to deliver it all again.

Had a word with Terry the machinist and he can do the damaged wheel for me next week.
Hope for a dry and cool day tomorrow!