View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3917215)   #633
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Can't but help but think OMSE got their timing wrong returning to World RX: they really struggled last year but, despite some issues (and arguably home soil advantage) they were right in the mix in Holjes. Looks like they have reverted back to a conventional layout for the cars (with the cooling in the rear again)? I wonder how different the 2019 cars are to those used last year.

Without meaning to sound like a social media conspiracy theorist, I did question some of the stewards decisions (or rather lack of decisions) in Sweden. Timmy Hansen clearly pushed to pass in the semi-final, but nothing was said. Yet far lighter contact has been punished elsewhere? I am not keen on the lack of consistency.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
It seems ridiculous that Timmy’s push to pass was allowed but they were handing out fairly harsh penalties for track limits.

Coley mentioned that OMSE had gone back to rear rads as they’d had problems with cooling at the front. Although he also noted that they were overheating at Holjes so still something to work on. Not a bad advert for the new car, clearly had pace.
I heard that OMSE spent three days testing in Höljes, and they have apparently been hard at work on their Fiesta. I am not sure if these cars were new builds.

As for Hansen, I can't help but think that they are going easy on him as well. If you touched those sticks on the insides of some corners, you were automatically given a 5 second penalty this year. When Ekström won back in 2015, Hansen was first given 5 sec but protested and got 1 sec instead.