View Single Post
Old 26 Jun 2003, 20:39 (Ref:644105)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've made a special point of watching Grand Am every time it has been on TV, because I can't really judge something unless I see it for myself....

The category that I believe they call the American GT class, which includes Mustangs, Corvettes, a Mosler, etc., in dry conditions are clearly faster than the DPs...they blew them away at Fontana, but had mechanical problems tha allowed the Dps to take an overall win...

Thus far, I have not seen a single thing that I like about what Grand Am road racing has becoem this year....not one thing...

Maybe this whole DP thing is just facing growning pains...but as of now, I wouldn't pay a dime to buy a ticket...

I'll continue to watch them to see if they improve...I'll give them time...but thus far, they have a long way to go to become what I would call "top Level Sportscar Racing" and the quoted info above at the beginning of this thread is ridiculous....

One American Open Wheel Series!