View Single Post
Old 1 Jan 2020, 10:24 (Ref:3949359)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Fireworks don’t really do it for me . Seen one show then they all look repetitive . That’s just me . Could have a few sparklers and build a new hospital for the money .
An interesting point. There are lots of things I'd like to be stopped in order to spend the money on more worthy projects, like hospitals. However there are plenty of reasons why the fireworks thing has taken off. Part of it is national pride; if you were in the UAE or New York or those other places like Sydney then you'd realise what impact these displays have on the populace. That said, I'm still not sure the Sydney display should have happened.

As to what to stop. The foreign aid budget could build a few hospitals and shut down HS2 and replace it with more funding for local integrated transport systems.

But happy New Year anyway.