View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3966884)   #51
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I don't know Richard, from what I have seen of Formula E, it has a huge way to go before it is even close to filling F1's shoes. The cars are anemic and pathetic and the crowds which are not paying to watch are small, and the racing about as pleasurable to watch as someone using an electric drill.

Changing FE to F1 will kill the audience and will be the death knell of the formula. f2 would, I think be by far the better option from the point of drawing an audience.
Have you watched any of the recent races?

Personally I like Formula E, but if you watch the races from the perspective of "THIS ISN'T FORMULA 1 DAMNIT" you will always be disappointed.

Shift your perspective to "this isn't yet attempting to be anything other than its own series" and it makes a lot more sense. If they'd planned out their strategy to mirror F1, racing on the same circuits, trying to court all the same corporates then F1 fans would have murdered it for trying to be F1.

They do something different, in a different way, in different cities and locations (Mexico City & Monaco excepted) and... F1 fans murder it for not trying to be F1.

The world is going to be very different once this crisis subsides. Who knows what will happen to F1? The FIA and F1 management don't, that's for sure. Not yet.