View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2002, 02:55 (Ref:443862)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How did I get a bit carried away? The only thing that I left unclear was is that he didnt break the outright lap record for any race car - which id assume seeing as hes in a F3000 car not a F1 car would be obvious.

The new parts on the F3000 chasis havent been adapted yet to fit the cars, also it remains unclear as to whether or not he was using the latest spec slicks. The fact he still beat the time set by Alonso in his first flying lap is a tremendous achivement.

If the F3000 car had the new airbox fitted and the new spec tyres I could understand people thinking I was getting carried away but from what we know he wasnt.

Oh and one other thing this wasnt the first time a F3000 1999 spec car had tested at the circuit so there was already a existing lap record for a 1999 F3000 spec car at the circuit. The lap record from 2001 or 2000 whenever the previous best lap was set should have stayed as the lap record I assume, so there really should be no confusion now to what he has achived..

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 6 Dec 2002 at 02:58.