View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3546029)   #32
Nick JM
Veteran

United Kingdom
South Bucks
Nick JM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe I wandered over to say hi in the assembly area but you were heavily engrossed and then we were called in. I did loiter around your car a couple of times (so if you receive any reports about a suspicious looking bloke hanging around your camp it was me!) but could not find you . Thought I saw Gordon but he was striding off purposely somewhere and not having met him before I was only going by his mug shots on here!

Had a great time despite not having raced at Brands before. Had a dreadful start as it was on the pit wall side of the grid and got hemmed in from the top of Paddock all the way to Druids and by the time I got out into the mainstream I had lost about four of five places.

Had a lonely time for several laps and then caught up and found some rhythm. After a couple of great dices I overtook Theo of Dragons Den fame (no I don't watch it either but I was told that's was who he was) and ended up 12 from an original field of 31. Theo was wearing the novice cross so he must only just be starting out. His Anglia was very quick and in the two driver race whoever was driving it to start off really knew what he was doing. Had I been against him from the outset I would not even have got close.

Joe lapped me in the Tina just before Clearways and since I reckon I only got that corner right maybe twice I followed Joes line which really helped so thanks mate.

Wonderful time in great company.

I had to leave early as we were going to a ball and had about 10 round first for pre pea dials so sadly left after watching my mate in the Allcomers first race. To say he was outclassed among the Radicals and Caterhams would be an understatement but he brought the B back in one piece after a 15 year abstinence of racing a Midget and one of the Marshalls consoled us with the thought that although the B was outmoded by other machinery in the Allcomers Race it was by far the prettiest car on the grid!