View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2005, 13:16 (Ref:1341980)   #19
blackhands
Racer

blackhands should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was on post 22 both days. I must admit I didn't find it easy to blue due to unfamiliarity with the cars, the cars being in view a short time and flaggies at the previous post obviously having the same problems as me. What made things difficult were driver changes, where they sometimes seemed to be of vastly different standards so that a previously fast car suddenly slowed, and vice versa. On top of this, safety cars suddenly changed the pattern of the race and with a 2hour race that's quite atime to be concentrating. It does help though if you can see the lap board and previous parts of the track though.

You do find that you get into a groove though and things become easier with time . I suppose its also getting used to looking at a race in a different way and always from the same direction. Don't forget its easy with hindsight to know that you've missed a blue flag situation but more difficult to get it right in the split second you have - so don't worry if you think that you are having problems.