View Single Post
Old 3 Aug 2014, 23:48 (Ref:3441290)   #193
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In an interview with the Mr & Mrs Klimenko recently (in #10's "In The Pits"), they made reference to some models in the E class Benz range being out of stock for a significant period of time, and attributed that, at least in part, to the Erebus V8SC racing program.

Is it a correct conclusion to draw? Only MBAuP would know for sure, presuming they are surveying their customers and potential customers on their purchase decisions.

The more interesting piece is that there is a dealer (group of dealers?) in the MB network supplying body parts to Erebus for trade prices. You might imagine that the call for E-class Benz body panels isnt to high, so as to notice when a dealer puts an order in for a half dozen bonnets, a few doors and the like, would be more than likely to stick out...

Perhaps the Erebutians may end up like a 'Dealer Team', supported by the network, funded by a levy per vehicle sold. Like the Volvo-ites did in the 240T works team days...

Or indeed Mr Penske moves in... or both...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods