View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2017, 18:46 (Ref:3722473)   #71
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I'm not so sure - I certainly think Bottas could have got closer to Hamilton - but then he'd have been in the dirty air of Hamiltons car and not be able to get within DRS range. Also how hard was Hamilton pushing? He wasn't going to catch Seb so he may well have just turned the engine down and cruised to the finish. All ifs and buts really though so we'll have to wait and see......
Agree. I suspect Hamilton could only get so close to Vettel and Bottas could only get to close to Hamilton. And between the three of them they settled into a rough balance. Was Vettel only running so fast to maintain a specific gap to Hamilton, was Hamilton running a specific speed to maintain a gap to Vettel, etc. Everyone within striking distance incase something goes wrong with the car in front of you. But I also think Bottas pace was good and we will have to wait to see a straight up Hamilton vs. Bottas battle.

Richard