View Single Post
Old 28 Oct 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2571094)   #698
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
reading the monthly MNews last night in the Bathurst review there is mention by Mr Fiore in the article on his team's performance at the Mt of some sort of incident with someone referred to as "Noonan", anyone know of and care to explain this?
The 'Noonan' in question is Noonan Engine Services, up until recently the contractor who supplied engines to PMM & FFF. This business took over the engine building assets of PMM, and for a time were based in the Norwell complex in a different building. NES also included Mr Benson in its employ.

When 888 announced they were switching to Holden, the deal with PMM bubbled in the background, where part of the arrangement was for PMM to supply technology & support to KRE on Chev Aurora engines, where Mr Benson, and presumably some of the technology/gear, and the collective IP inside the heads and laptops of the transferring staff, migrated to the KRE operation

The way it sounded was that KRE have been supplying PMM with engines since Phillip Island, more accurately its an NES package assembled & tweaked by KRE in that shed.

Presumably FFF have been using NES powerplants until now, at some point scheduled to migrate to a KRE-prepared unit.

As the article suggests, the FFF car was not crewed by full time regulars, and there appeared to be some engine installation issues, (like at Phillip Island where the car was an effective DNS) which were not immediately resolved.

Does this suffice?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods