bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzle View Post
notes:
SBF: i had a go with the method you mentioned but as i had buggered around with various bits of the track whilst making it it doesn't have a consistent track width estimating the the full track at averaging 20m width gives me a value of approximately 6km and with the oval that should be about 30m wide all around it's about 1.4 km.
in some areas I've shown a solid barrier there would also be barriers for the pit area and with the full course in use temporary barriers would be erected so that no cars could find themselves flying straight on into a wall. As i couldn't find any textures that represented them well i've done the tyre bundles with checkerboard sides and granite tops 'cause if they going to look completely unlike what they are they may as well look like stylish kitchen furniture.
That's exactly why many of us stopped using Sketchup - way too much pain for the gain you get from other software, like Blender or BTB, with much less fidgeting

Sketchup is a great tool, but it becomes evident rather soon that it wasn't desigend for this kind of use. SBF's designs show that if you're really good at Sketchup, you can do good things - but BTB or Blender will work better with the same amount of effort put into it. And there are things that simply can't be decently done in Sketchup - like track or terrain elevation - while they are easy with BTB or Blender.

... and that is all my opinion only, of course

bio