Old 8 Nov 2015, 17:26 (Ref:3589067)   #182
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HELP! - Pit Exit

Hello

My final circuit design for the time being is almost complete, but I'm not quite ready to share it yet. I'm having trouble with the pit exit, and I was wondering if anyone could share their views.

Pit exits merging to the outside is always tricky, and in general I try to avoid it. The first pic below was my original solution, the cars cannot merge until they have passed the final bollard and the line changes from solid to dashed. this guarantees the cars leaving the pits are kept well away from the cars at racing speed until they have passed the turn-in point for the first corner.

I changed the pit exit, pushing the pit lane barrier back, thus increasing visibility of cars exiting the pits (they can now be seen 200m before the first corner). I decided to try a much earlier blend to minimise the time cars are alongside each other on two separate pieces of road with no solid divider between them. The extra track width remains, so in theory there is plenty of room for cars to rejoin safely.

I'm still not convinced by my solution, and the fact that the track curves towards turn 1 adds extra complexity. What do you guys think? Is this the best solution? Should the first turn be re profiled to better accommodate a safe pit exit? Feel free to doodle/sketch on the screenshots below if you have any ideas.

tl;dr Can you make this pit exit better/safer? Have a doodle!

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
option 1.png   option 2.png