View Single Post
Old 27 Jun 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3833327)   #85
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I don't think the choice of gearbox material has a significant effect on the overall speed of the car.The fundamental problem seems to lie deeper and may need a mind free from established Williams methodology to highlight a course of action to recover from this slump.Which could be an uncomfortable situation for some.
Interesting article which actually tries to end on a positive note. I read it not so much as the gearbox material as being the problem, but that it might be indicative of the overall situation. That given Williams is trying to solve more problems than they should (not sourcing off the shelf when they could), that they are providing something like an 80% solution everywhere vs a 100% solution in targeted areas which may make a difference.

Richard