Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 25 Feb 2016, 09:16 (Ref:3617622)   #1514
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But was it not fraught with problems at the time? it was supposed to run seamlessly when it was time for the second car to participate, with one car on an out lap, one on it's hot lap and a third one on it's in-lap. But there were times that this didn't happen, and cars were baulked, and other times when the 3rd car in the sequence failed to make it to the pit exit on time, sometimes by milliseconds.

I freely admit that I hate change, but I think that the current system is working well as long as the FIA ensures that all cars that are able to participate in the relevant session, do so, i.e. no sitting out Q3 to save tyres or mileage on PUs.