View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2016, 20:27 (Ref:3630595)   #10
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
As for the Pacific Northwest, as Pacific Raceways probably isn't in for a major refurbishment, Portland is it. That's fine.

I have my usual concerns with the chicane on the front side. Also, the changes at Turn 7 could be problematic, because they intentionally made the entry wider than the exit. It's just poor design to add things that encourage dive bombs and spear jobs. The other tricky part with the re-work at Turn 7 is that it lengthens the run into Turn 8, making that corner faster and "tighter". Even before the changes, Turn 8 was the scene of some traffic tie-ups, especially in wet conditions.

I think that covers most of the bases. As for Brazil, I don't see Bernie letting IndyCar in at Interlagos, and I don't see IndyCar particularly wanting the lap time comparisons, either. If they can go back to Sao Paulo or Brasilia pans out, alright; otherwise, look at Curitiba or Goiania.

Last edited by Purist; 5 Apr 2016 at 20:42.