View Single Post
Old 3 Jul 2018, 01:52 (Ref:3834383)   #4279
Shiney
Rookie

Australia
West Aus
Shiney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who was at Wanneroo in the 70s?

G,day everybody. I think I may have found Bill Nitschke's L34, but after spending hours going through Terry Walkers race results I have a couple of questions. Was there both a Bill and a Bob Nitschke or was one name a pseudonym so he could race two classes, or maybe keep his insurance company off his back? They were licenced cars in the Street Car class afterall. Were there two L34s? The white car, (No.3) first appeared 14th sept 75, and it was in its second outing with Bob driving on the 23rd Nov 75 that it had its famous rollover ending up on top of the fence. Looking at the photos, I would have thought that it was a write off, however Greame Hooley says that this car did spend a long while in the panel beaters. He doesn't know if it was repaired or rebodied.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bill Nitsche (1).jpg
Views:	10
Size:	231.6 KB
ID:	51526

The next time either Nitschke shows up is Bill for the 300 kay race on 2nd May 76. This result is from Auto Action and unfortunately doesn't include a car number.

Then on 11th July 76 Bob Nitschke drove a car owned by A. Page.

Then on 17th Oct 76, according to the race results we have
Bill and Bob driving on the same day. Bill in number 31 (Street Cars) and Bob in Number 3.(Sports Sedans)
So perhaps he owned two at the same time. I wonder if he is still around?
Number 31.

Name:	Bill or Bob Nitschke 1.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	51527

The next entry is for Bob on the 12th June 77 in Number 3, so they certainly weren't regular racers.
The car, (or one of the cars) was sold to Paul De Laney.
The first entry for Paul De Laney is 16th July 1978 in Number 8.

This is the car in the 90s.

Name:	Bill or Bob Nitschke 2.JPG
Views:	11
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	51528

So I guess what I am asking, is were there two Nitschke's and did they have two L34s?