View Single Post
Old 3 Mar 2022, 12:35 (Ref:4101040)   #24
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Gordons car still runs a Kent engine

HRSR engine specs sound close

There's a BD powered Anglia about . . . . It's predecessor turned out to be the only surviving GP5 Broadspeed car and has been restored, (with 1200 DD engine)
Just to get things in perspective, the engine that I used was a crossflow headed 1500cc 5 bearing screamer that was allowed when I was contesting the ICS series and it cost me and my sponsors a serious amount of money at the time (although most of the cost was for reliabillity) They allowed it after it was realized that it wouldn't be competitive against a large engined Mini. There wasn't (at the time) a minimum weight limit and we managed to get the Anglia down to 680 kilos wheras a Mini could be 500 kilos or less and depending on how the rules were interpretated especially in the "grey areas" ! Power outputs at the time for mine depending on what spec cam and carbs I was running at different tracks was up to 180 BHP and the Minis A series 150 plus ?.
A 1200 cc Anglia unfortunately isn't competitive against a well sorted Mini as long as the drivers are as good as one another and both cars comply to the rules in the series, simply because of the weight difference and the Minis amazing handling from standard
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !