View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2021, 09:25 (Ref:4063057)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think Alfa Romeo should change both drivers. Kimi Raikkonen is having a horrible season and it is time for him to go. Giovinazzi is doing a decent job, but will never be any better than an average F1 driver, and Ferrari should replace him with someone who has the potential to actually drive for Ferrari one day.

With George Russell looking increasingly likely to be confirmed at Mercedes, I think Alfa Romeo should attempt to sign Bottas. He is a very strong driver, made to look much worse than he is by Hamilton, and would be a major upgrade on either Raikkonen or Giovinazzi. His experience would also be very helpful to the team at the beginning of a new era of F1, and allows them to sign a young driver as his teammate. Personally, I think Ferrari should place Schumacher in Alfa Romeo, but he seems more likely to stay at Haas, so I would say Ilott is more likely.
Does Sauber have the money for all of that?

Presumably the driver of the 2nd car is bringing an engine with him, and the other older fella had an exit deal with Maranello and Sauber to let the new blood aboard....

They should go get Mr Ricciardo...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods