View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2021, 09:49 (Ref:4063062)   #19
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I think Alfa Romeo should change both drivers. Kimi Raikkonen is having a horrible season and it is time for him to go. Giovinazzi is doing a decent job, but will never be any better than an average F1 driver, and Ferrari should replace him with someone who has the potential to actually drive for Ferrari one day.

With George Russell looking increasingly likely to be confirmed at Mercedes, I think Alfa Romeo should attempt to sign Bottas. He is a very strong driver, made to look much worse than he is by Hamilton, and would be a major upgrade on either Raikkonen or Giovinazzi. His experience would also be very helpful to the team at the beginning of a new era of F1, and allows them to sign a young driver as his teammate. Personally, I think Ferrari should place Schumacher in Alfa Romeo, but he seems more likely to stay at Haas, so I would say Ilott is more likely.
Apparently Mick has all but signed to continue with Haas.... Mazepin is already confirmed.
In terms of Alfa I read that the team formerly known as Sauber, as part of their new Alfa deal, no longer have to keep one seat for a Ferrari Academy driver as previously. They are free to recruit whoever they want.
Thats not to say that an arrangement is made where Schumacher might end up by going to Alfa, but it is not a simple, .... erm 'shoe in' (apologies for that). Steiner says the deal with Junior is pretty much done bar the signature and Ferrari signing it off. (Schu is still a contracted Ferrari Academy driver whom it seems, they effectively own, as is the case with other manu. team Academy drivers.)