View Single Post
Old 14 Sep 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1407434)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmchow
Cool thread! it's a shame that transporters/paint schemes are often overlooked. The V8 Supercar organizers should involve the transporters/drivers/pit crew more.

Did you know Nascar actually has an annual competition where they have the transporter drivers compete in parking/maneveuring competitions. The pitcrews have their own tire change competition.

Something that V8 Supercar organizers should consider.
They did try... at the Homebush series launch earlier in the year, the trucks were centrepieces of a run thru the Sydney CBD, across the harbour bridge... and out west to the Olympic sports stadium.

I think 3 men and a dog watched them on their journey (admittedly not well publicised....)
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods