View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2007, 10:29 (Ref:1804616)   #54
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy king
Just thought i would start this thread so we all get to know each other and what each other race a little better. So....title kind of sais it all really!

Whats your class?
Chassis?
Championship?
Opinions?

Also, who in your championship (past or present) who you have raced against maybe when you were a Novice did you most admire and think you really wanted to be like and why?
Just realised I never did this!

Previously Rotax Max 177, however I am currently borrowing a Prokart for the winter series and building up a Vortex engined old Zip for non-MSA racing at my local track.
My Rotax chassis is a Sodi T3, 2002 chassis thats on its last chance as far as I am concerned! Especially given the guy I race with has just got an '05 Birel that handles like a dream, I'm sorely tempted!

No particular Championship, this year plan to take in Races at Clay, Forest Edge, Matchams, Dunkeswell, Blackbushe and Angmering that fit in with the schedule.

I prefer non-MSA racing and the clubbie feel - big budgets and large motorhomes dont belong at Clay or Forest club meetings IMHO.

Lots of the dedicated and helpful clubs racers spring to mind, probably too many to mention but Rob at BKC, Pete Thomas at FE, Kieron at Clay and all the experienced guys at Matchams like Chris, Kev, Mike Reynolds, Kim and of course the CoC Gary, as well as George and Ray Lovell who must run the meetings for the love of the sport not the money! Plus my racing buddy Mark who has housed my kart for me for the past 4 years and goes out of his way to store all my bits of junk - not all of which he is responsible for!

From the car racing scene Gavin and Dave Wills were my inspiration whilst working for them many moons ago, their enthusiasm and determination with no money whatsoever stood out. Also the guys at GGR for their absolute perfectionist attitude to race car building.