View Single Post
Old 9 May 2007, 10:11 (Ref:1909746)   #4
Kiwi3
Veteran

New Zealand
Beijing
Kiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKiwi3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we can lose a couple of teams. As much as I admire Nur Ali's spirit I can't see the Pakistan team ever taking off. 18 nations that have sponsorship would be better. Singapore and Greece were a waste of time and we need to avoid that.

If Beijing returns I'll be horrified. Durban was good but apparently cost a packet.

I have read that Ireland are about to re-sign for another five seasons. The series needs to concentrate on the dedicated franchises and continue to arrange events in countries that have teams. As long as it does that it should continue to grow.

The other thing that needs to be improved is stability of drivers. It is a nation vs nation contest however fans also want to get to know the personalities involved. Brazil for example had way too much turnover and it didn't do any good at all.

I do like following live timing on the web site while the TV is on. Cannot do that if the Sprint race is delayed, plus there is too much temptation for the drivers not to take any risks meaning the Sprint race is often a procession. Therefore if given the choice would probably mildly prefer how things were in season one. Agree very tough on the teams though.

Generally though I loved it again and look forward to seeing it continue to grow.