View Single Post
Old 9 May 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1909775)   #5
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
  • Sprint/feature race format needs sorting out. Either go back to the format of season 1 (two equal length races) or just have one main race on raceday (2 stops mandatory, like DTM). At the moment the sprint race is a bit of a non-event, no prize money, no live coverage on SkySports etc. If the season 1 format is used, have a reverse grid lineup of sorts for race 2 to spice things up.
cos your on the money and I like everything mentioned but the option for a reverse grid race. Although reverse grid races are good to watch I just hate the fact that we are penalizing the guys at the top of doing well. Plus it messes with the drivers heads and encourages drivers to throw previous races to end up at the front of the pack for the reverse. It's just not right.

At least we are lucky in New Zealand that TV3 has the rights to A1 and is free to air although we to get the delayed coverage of the sprint. The unlucky thing in NZ is that most of the races are in the middle of the night same as F1.

If anyone bumps into Uncle Bernie can you ask him to arrange a night race on a European circuit so us down under can watch it at a decent hour. I know that was getting off the A1 topic but had to get a dig in there somehow.