View Single Post
Old 20 Aug 2007, 20:17 (Ref:1993047)   #78
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Just to add another twist to this, I was always taught to do heavy short braking, it comes from learning to drive on drum braked trucks that had little or no effect so you had to learn how to keep them cool.
I have never boiled any fluid in my race car and I only use Halfords, Delphi or Comma (probably all the same stuff) Dot5.1 fluid.
The problem I have is with glazing. When I ran standard plain Jaguar discs this got so bad that on one occasion my car would not slow for the hairpin at Mallory and I eneded up pointing the wrong way in the entrance road by the gate.
I now run bigger grooved discs and although I have never had any stopping problems they still glaze to a certain extent. BTW I use DS3000 pads.