Old 18 Jun 2013, 08:41 (Ref:3264241)   #11
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Liam (or rather his team) have been working with the DS3's for a couple of years now, Petters team are in their first year with the car. In fact, considering that the team finished the car just prior to the season kicking off at Lydden, they have had less than 3 months with the car (and it has already been significantly revised in that time). I'm sure the mechanics for Doran will have learned a lot in the time they have been running Liams car; plus they are sure to have gleaned more knowledge from the cars of Pat Doran and Andreas Bakkerud as well.
Not completely true as Doran set up LDMotorsport arround November. Before that MTechnology was running the car for Liam. Most of the mechanics used to work on other cars before this year. In that regard, both Liam and Petter were last minute with the car.
I know people love or hate Liam, but I had the pleasure of working with him. After the Lydden event, he was willing to stay up all night for a schoolproject although he and his team barely had any sleep the week prior and just had a nightmare event with 2 broken engines, just to save me a 5 hour drive.